Aotearoa is back in various levels of lockdown. Auckland is at Level 3, and the rest of the country is at Level 2. For now. So let’s rip once again so people have something to look forward to while they’re stuck at home.
Here’s today’s (Aotearoa Fights Back Day 03). All previous quizzes can be found here.
- Which New Zealand city did the New York Times recently incorrectly label New Zealand’s capital?
- In mathematics, the square root of -1 is given which single letter value?
- What is a Raspberry Pi (no e on the end)?
- Which has more caffeine, a gram of coffee or a gram of black tea?
- In the game Go, what colours, traditionally, are the stones, or playing pieces?
- Speaking of games with black and white pieces, what does a chess player signify when they knock over their own king?
- Which element, named after a New Zealander, has the chemical symbol Rf?
- Which international women’s world cup, originally planned to take place in NZ in 2021, has been moved to 2022?
- Due to the pandemic, which high budget Disney film has recently bypassed the cinemas and gone straight to Disney’s streaming service?
- Which state of the USA was Harley-Davidson founded in? Alabama, South Dakota or Wisconsin?
Answers for 14 August 2020
- A brand of tiny computers
- Black and white
- Rutherfordium, after Sir Ernest Rutherford
- The Women’s Cricket World Cup
- The live action Mulan