Every day of the nation-wide Aotearoa quarantine, I’m posting a quiz as something for people to look forward to. Here’s today’s (Spaced Out Aotearoa Day 16). There’s a meta puzzle too, see if you can piece it together from the 3rd to the 22nd of April. All previous quizzes can be found here.
This is the final quarantine quiz.
- Name the movie: After stealing stolen goods, a disillusioned boy from the desert teams up with a wanted terrorist and later kills hundreds of thousands at a government facility.
- How many stars are there on the flag of the European Union?
- What is the New Zealand name of the star formation the Japanese call Subaru?
- Which drink has the nickname la fée verte?
- The Greeks fought a war of independence in the early 1800s against which empire?
- Which planet hosts the tallest planetary mountain in the solar system, Olympus Mons?
- Which country is refers to its mainland area as The Hexagon?
- What day of the year is the winter solstice in the Southern Hemisphere?
- What is the official language of the South American country Guyana?
- In which year did Shortland Street premiere on TV2, 1992, 1994 or 1996?
Answers for 29 May 2020
- Star Wars
- Absinthe, the green fairy
- The Ottoman Empire
- Mars - Olympus Mons 2.5 x taller than Everest
- France - it’s roughly a hexagon
- 20th or 21st of June