Aotearoa is back in various levels of lockdown. Auckland is at Level 3, and the rest of the country is at Level 2. For now. So, may as well dust off my quizzing hat and let rip once again so people have something to look forward to while they’re stuck at home.
Here’s today’s (Aotearoa Fights Back Day 01). All previous quizzes can be found here.
- Defenestration is the act of doing what?
- How many species of hominins are there?
- The unicorn is the nation animal of which country?
- How many days did New Zealand record no community transmission of Covid-19 before Aug 11th?
- How old was Abraham Lincoln when he was assassinated in1865? 46, 50 or 56?
- Titus Williver plays the titular character of which Amazon Prime series based on a series of Michael Connelly?
- Who is the author of the fictional autobiography Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?
- Which Japanese company has recently ceased making laptop computers after 35 years?
- In which year was the original iPad launched?
- How many floors does Dubai’s Burj Khalifa have? 124, 163 or 202?
Answers for 12 August 2020
- Throwing something out of a window
- 3 - chimpanzees, bonobos and humans
- 56, b. 1809
- Robert M. Pirsig
- 163, 154 inhabited and 9 maintenance floors